We will remain operational and serving our clients throughout the COVID-19 crisis. Nothing is more important to us than the safety and well-being of our clients. For those who wish to practice social distancing and limit face-to-face contact, we are available for telephone consultations and videoconferences via Zoom, Skype or FaceTime. We also have standard teleconferencing options and use DocuSign. Please contact our office by email or call 503-417-7777 to learn more about the measures we are taking to protect you and your loved ones.
Michael is a business lawyer with a focus on document preparation to help advance business objectives. Michael’s experience includes commercial contract drafting and negotiation, business formation and succession, employment, and real estate. He enjoys listening to clients, advising on legal risks and opportunities, and drafting documents that put multiple goals together.
Michael has been selected to Super LawyersTM – Rising Stars. He earned his B.A. at U.C. Berkeley and his J.D. at Cornell Law School.
Outside of work, Michael enjoys spending time with his wife Kathy, collecting vinyl records, and attempting to grow bonsai avocado trees.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Business and Corporate Law
- Buying and Selling a Business / Mergers and Acquisitions
- Starting or Acquiring a Professional Practice
- Commercial Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Manufacturing and Industrial Processing
- Farms, Wineries, Timber, Real Estate
- Medical, Accounting, Insurance, and Other Professional Practices
- Coordinating Business and Estate Planning Objectives
- Business Succession
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Intellectual Property Licensing
- Cornell University Law School, Ithaca, New York
- Honors: Dean’s List
- University of California – Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- Honors: Highest Distinction in General Scholarship
- Major: Political Science, Rhetoric