NICHOLAS J. SLINDE
- Founding Partner
Nick is a founding partner of Slinde Nelson, practicing business and real estate law in the Pacific Northwest for eighteen years. For the last five years, Nick has focused on helping startup companies leverage strategic relationships, develop channel access and execute on revenue generation strategies.
Prior to founding Slinde Nelson, Nick spent four years as General Counsel and Vice President of Land Acquisitions & Development for a large real estate development company in Portland. In that capacity, he helped identify acquisition targets, secure financing, and advance projects through the land use and sale process.
Nick has founded numerous non-law businesses that span multiple categories including Carbon Audio (consumer audio products), Surface Tech (patented surface infrastructure technologies), Patient card (out of pocket deductable financing), Yeti (real estate investment/development), The Original (baby products), R-Stud (steel stud technology), Termabox (cable box products), Valda Partners (financial and real estate advisory), and Bearshirt, FKA Berzerker (business/holdings entity with multiple portfolio companies).
In 2014, Nick founded The Board which is a cutting edge venture services platform providing advisory and consulting services to businesses at all stages in their lifecycle. Constituent companies include CMD (medical device), SWAG'R (geo location advertising), Via Surgical (medical device), Blow (forward thinking furniture) and Agavella (granulated agave).
Nick earned his BA in Journalism/Rhetoric from the University of Iowa in 1997 and graduated from the University of Oregon School of Law in 2000. Nick has served as a member of the Board of Directors for the American Red Cross since 2012. In his spare time Nick enjoys playing golf, drinking wine and spending time with his wife Crissy and two children, Wyatt and Emerson.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Construction Defect and Litigation
- Construction Law
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Condominiums and Homeowner Associations
- Emerging Business and Technology
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Environmental / Tax Credits
- Non-Competition and Non-Compete Agreements
- Debt Restructuring
- Dispute Resolution, Arbitration, and Mediation
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon
- J.D. - 2000
- University of Iowa
- B.A. - 1997
- Major: Journalism and Rhetoric
- Member of the Board of Directors for Classic Wine Auction, Inc.
- Past Member of the Board of Directors for the American Red Cross
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Oregon State Bar, Construction Section & Business Litigation Section
- Washington State Bar
- Multnomah Bar Association
- U.S. District Court of Oregon
- Oregon Trial Lawyer’s Association
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Grenley Rotenberg Bragg Evans & Bodie PC
- Landye Bennett Blumstein LLP
- Carbon Trader LLC, Co-founder and CEO