Email Our Firm

Oregon Construction Law Update: Water Intrusion in Condominiums

In Oregon, nobody is immune from the threat of water intrusion.  Condominiums are no different.  If you live in a condominium that was built (or remodeled) in the last ten years, you may have a right to recover money to fix the problem and protect your investment.

What are the steps to recovery?  Do I call my homeowner’s association (HOA) first and wait for them to act? 

The answer is yes; you should absolutely notify your HOA about any defective construction that arises in your condominium.  With that said, you should not exclusively rely on them to take action.  It is important to remember that your interests may not always be aligned with those of the HOA.  For example, if the HOA or property manager failed to maintain or inspect your property, they may worry more about the consequences of their inaction than fixing your condominium. 

You have certain individual rights as an owner of a unit in a large complex.  You should not assume that the collective body will always enforce them. 

If you have noticed a construction problem in your condominium, call a Portland construction dispute attorney today. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Client Testimonials

  1. “Your business model is such a fresh approach to the way legal services are typically delivered.”

    President, Manufacturing
  2. “Phil will help you understand the process you are going through, and is very passionate about your needs and situation.”

  3. “Phil, responded to my numerous questions promptly and completely. Very reasonable rates, no overbilling. Kept me informed of progress.”

  4. “Ben legally clarified the language in my contracts without turning them into super verbose mumbo-jumbo.”

    Kevin L.
  5. “Everyone, that I've interacted with is professional, knowledgeable, forthcoming with information and educating and caring.”

    Alanna C.

425 NW 10th Avenue
Suite 200
Portland, OR 97209

Toll Free: 866-280-7562
Phone: 360-258-1268
Fax: 503-417-4250
Map & Directions