Slinde Nelson
Email Our Firm

Filing a CCB Complaint

If you anticipate a dispute with your contractors, whether it's over work they've done or work they should have done better, you don't have to worry about a long, drawn out litigation process to voice those concerns. By filing a complaint with the Construction Contractors Board (CCB) dispute resolution services, you can sometimes sidestep litigation and avoid the tremendous costs that come with it.

Depending on the dispute, the CCB offers avenues for resolution no matter the scale of the construction project - from residential projects to small or large-scale commercial construction.

If you believe you have a breach of contract claim, or a claim for negligent or improper work against a contractor, you should consult a local construction law attorney to see if filing a CCB complaint is the best way to resolve the dispute.

If you're thinking of filing a complaint, the process can be different depending on the size of the project. For some residential projects, you can file a complaint without initiating an action in a court of law. The same is true for small-scale construction projects, if the project meets the cost and size requirements. For larger commercial construction, a complaint must be filed in a court of law, or arbitration must have been initiated, before the CCB will entertain a complaint.

Regardless of the scale of the project, strict time requirements apply when filing a complaint. You should contact a construction dispute attorney immediately to help you determine if a CCB complaint is the most effective way to bring your claim.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

111 Southwest 5th Avenue Suite 1940
Portland, OR 97204

Toll Free: 866-280-7562
Fax: 503-417-4250
Map & Directions

Contact Us to Discover What We Can Do for You

Contact us online using the form below or call us at 866-280-7562 to see how we can put our skills and experience to work for you.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy