Slinde Nelson

Get Started

Slinde Nelson

Get Started     503-567-1234

Slinde Nelson

Filing a CCB Complaint

On Behalf of | Jan 29, 2014 | Business Construction Law

If you anticipate a dispute with your contractors, whether it’s over work they’ve done or work they should have done better, you don’t have to worry about a long, drawn out litigation process to voice those concerns. By filing a complaint with the Construction Contractors Board (CCB) dispute resolution services, you can sometimes sidestep litigation and avoid the tremendous costs that come with it.

Depending on the dispute, the CCB offers avenues for resolution no matter the scale of the construction project – from residential projects to small or large-scale commercial construction.

If you believe you have a breach of contract claim, or a claim for negligent or improper work against a contractor, you should consult a local construction law attorney to see if filing a CCB complaint is the best way to resolve the dispute.

If you’re thinking of filing a complaint, the process can be different depending on the size of the project. For some residential projects, you can file a complaint without initiating an action in a court of law. The same is true for small-scale construction projects, if the project meets the cost and size requirements. For larger commercial construction, a complaint must be filed in a court of law, or arbitration must have been initiated, before the CCB will entertain a complaint.

Regardless of the scale of the project, strict time requirements apply when filing a complaint. You should contact a construction dispute attorney immediately to help you determine if a CCB complaint is the most effective way to bring your claim.