Sophisticated Counsel On Business Purchase & Sales
At Slinde Nelson, our business is to understand your business. Our business is to help grow and protect your business. Our business is to be a value-added proposition, not a dreaded and expensive line item.
Our goal is to structure and pursue legal strategies that don’t just prevent problems or maintain compliance — we want to help you advance your business goals.
Our Portland startup business lawyers have served as in-house counsel for some of Oregon’s most successful companies. Not only do they know what it takes to build a successful business, they know what they wanted from their outside law firms when they were on the side of the table our clients are on now.
If you want to start, sell or purchase a business, try a few of the links below. We’re pretty sure you’ll find something of interest. In addition, all of our ongoing business services are available to startups as well.
What Do You Need To Know About Starting, Buying Or Selling A Business?
A host of issues can arise when starting, buying or selling a business. Our attorneys can guide you through all of the necessary steps.
- Startup business counsel and formation — choice of entity and formation of corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs) or other desired forms
- Raising money — from all types of investors, including venture capitalists and angel investors
- Buying or selling a business, as well as structuring the sale in the most effective way
- Franchising law — using the franchise form to pursue your business goals
Outside the practice of law, our attorneys founded, managed, nurtured, grew, bought, sold and invested in businesses of their own. Given that experience, we know what you want, need and expect from your lawyer. More importantly, we know how to deliver it.
● We never charge clients for brief, nonsubstantive telephone conversations.
● We respond promptly to messages — within the day if we can help it.
● We don’t perform (or charge for) tasks that our clients don’t need.
● We give reliable cost estimates so that you can budget accordingly.
Connect With Us
Our business formation attorneys are well-connected in the business community — we’ve been a working component of it for decades. Read what our clients are saying.