Trusted Guidance For Starting A Business
Anyone going into business for the first time has a lot of questions. And those questions have to do with more than just black letter law. Where are you going to get funding? How will you market your business? How do you find the right suppliers? What are reasonable terms to offer a business seller, vendor or landlord?
At Slinde Nelson, we know the answers and have the tips that you need to get to work starting your new business with confidence.
Nine Tips For Business Startups
If you’re inexperienced, get ready to succeed with reality checks such as the following:
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses; know your competition.
- Commit. You’re in it to win it, and you better have enough capital.
- Document everything.
- Get solid accounting and legal advice. Your accountant will advise on which accounting procedure to use and perhaps suggest a form of entity. Your lawyer will create your entity, protect your assets (such as your trade name or invention), and keep you out of trouble with sound advice and contracts.
- Build an experienced team of advisers beyond your CPA and lawyer.
- Understand the basics of employment and tax law.
- Network. Get to know other entrepreneurs from all business sectors.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions: Call your lawyer often if the firm doesn’t charge for brief phone calls.
- Understand financial statements, and manage them regularly.
A 360-Degree View Of Business Law
Besides being lawyers, we’ve been much like you. We’ve founded, grown, managed, expanded, invested in, counseled and sold businesses of our own. So we can’t help but offer more than strictly legal advice on starting up your business. We will advise you on the day-to-day practical demands of running it, too. We genuinely enjoy helping our clients succeed. We’re called upon regularly to help or advise on a full range of business-related issues.
We commonly offer clients a primer on the nuts-and-bolts issues they will grapple with daily as business owners. We will introduce you to the people who can help your business grow. We’ll put you in touch with experts and specialists if requested. We are closely connected with Oregon’s funding networks, and we use those connections to help our clients thrive.
Contact A Knowledgeable Business Startup Attorney At A Respected Law Firm
Give us a call to find out if our firm is a good match for you. Call 503-567-1234 or contact us online today. Located in Portland, Oregon, we serve clients in both Oregon and Washington.