Knowledgeable Counsel On Employment Law
A business’s greatest asset is usually its employees. Those same employees can also become the business’s biggest problem when things go wrong.
At Slinde Nelson, we offer innovative employment solutions to businesses with their bottom line in mind, not ours. Give us a call today to learn more in a no-cost consultation. From offices in Portland, Oregon, we serve clients in both Oregon and Washington.
What Is The Best Solution To Your Issues?
The best solution is the one that allows a business to get back to the business of conducting business, quickly and cheaply.
How do we get you there? The best way to deal with potential employee disputes is to avoid them because such disputes can be expensive to defend even when they are unfounded.
We do this by looking out for your interests with counsel on issues that include:
- Wage claims — It’s important to structure your employment practices to prevent wage-and-hour claims.
- Ending the employment relationship — We can provide guidance on terminating employees or contractors.
- Whistleblowers — Employees who complain publicly of corporate wrongdoing can pose substantial harm to a company’s reputation and bottom line.
- Noncompete agreements — Tailoring your noncompetition agreements to make them most effective can make them not only enforceable, if necessary, but an effective deterrent to violation in the first place.
Our employer advisory team’s primary goal is for you to never meet our employment litigation team. Properly protecting your business’s trade secrets, processes and customers is the only way to dissuade employees from wrongfully taking them.
Why Documentation Is So Important
Properly documenting and memorializing the employment relationship and keeping those employment contracts fresh and relevant can avoid confusion that often results in litigation.
Employee handbooks, company policies, disciplinary procedures, procedures for clocking in and out — these are the types of issues that end up in litigation when an employer fails to engage in preventative legal maintenance. In the end, prevention upfront is infinitely cheaper than back-end repair work.
What Type Of Dispute Are You Involved In?
But not all employment disputes can be avoided. At Slinde Nelson, we handle all types of Oregon and Washington employment disputes efficiently and effectively:
- Noncompetition agreement litigation
- Trade secret and business tort litigation
- Wage claims
- Overtime claims
- Wrongful discharge
- Discrimination and retaliation claims
- Whistleblower claims
Contact Experienced Attorneys
If your company has let its employment procedures and contracts go stale, contact a Portland employment lawyer today. Whether you need an employee advice lawyer or an employee or contract dispute lawyer, we will handle your case as efficiently and effectively as we can with your business goals foremost in mind.